FOR MORE ART & INSPIRATION, VISIT US AT HTTP://WWW.MYJUNKYTRUNK.ETSY.COM!!!



Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Trials Are Our Greatest Teachers

Originally, when I was inspired to create "Teachin' Tush", I'd been thinking about the amazing school teachers that I was blessed to have as I was growing up. However, as an adult, I have come to appreciate a teacher that has made a far greater impact on my life than any elementary school, highschool, or college teacher ever has. It is the trials that we all must go through, that shape, mature, equip, and strengthen us to be all that we were created to be. I suppose it's human nature to gravitate toward all of the "warm and fuzzy" promises of God. You know the ones that speak of blessings, favor, prosperity, and victory. However, there are many other promises that are a lot harder to digest. In John 16:33 (NKJ) Jesus says, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world".

The Amplified version says, "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]Wow! How comforting to know that even though we will always face challenges as long as we are alive in the earth, Christ has already placed all things that would try to destroy us under His feet by His sacrifice on the Cross. Therefore, these things are also under OUR feet! Believe it and walk boldy in it!

James 1:2 (NKJ)says, "My bretheren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work , that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Now the use of the word "perfect" in the last part of that scripture doesn't mean perfect in the sense of doing EVERYTHING right ALL the time. It simply means "whole". OUR TRIALS HELP MAKE US WHOLE! Remember this when you're going through difficult times. Especially when dealing with others. Instead of hating or resenting those who cause you pain, consider this....they are actually helping to make you better! I know, I know. That's a tough one, but if you will adjust your thinking, you'll see that there are "teachers" all around you, and more than enough opportunities to learn every day.
Copyright 2008-2010. MyJunkyTrunk, LLC. All Rights Reserved.