FOR MORE ART & INSPIRATION, VISIT US AT HTTP://WWW.MYJUNKYTRUNK.ETSY.COM!!!



Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Not All About Me




"Blingin' Booty" was my very first MyJunkyTrunk Girl. I still remember the day that God began to nudge me with the idea of creating these images and "cataloging" all of the funny names for a butt that we could think of together. I know that may sound silly to some, and offensive to others. Whatever. God is the Creator, yes. But, He is also my friend. We laugh together often. It's beyond religion.....it's relationship, and it's the thing that I treasure most in my life. When I sketched this girl, I was thinking of how much people are addicted to SELF these day. Many are constantly medicating themselves with THINGS so that they can feel relevant, successful, or accepted. All day, everyday it's about their clothes, their shoes, their cars, their furniture, their jewelry, their makeup, their hair, and on and on and on.

In the last days, according to 2 Timothy 3:2, "people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud arrogant and contemptuous boasters." The girl in this image has learned a secret. She has experienced the joy and lasting fulfillment of giving to others. She realizes that it's not all about her, even though "treating" herself sometimes is an act of kindness as well. The point is that she knows she's blessed, and there is always someone within her sphere of influence that can be touched by the love of God that is in her. A thoughtful card, a colorful journal, or a yummy-smelling candle are all inexpensive ways to tell a family member, friend, neighbor, or co-worker, "I'm thinking of you today". I think of these things when I see this image, and it always makes me smile to recall the reactions of those that were touched when I remembered to put them before myself.
Copyright 2007-2010. MyJunkyTrunk, LLC. All Rights Reserved.